2020 has challenged us all and taught us many lessons. I think one of the greatest lessons I’ve learned is how to embrace the present. That includes embracing the season in which we are in. This is definitely easier said than done. It’s so easy to be planning and strategizing for the next big thing, but with 2020 stopping us in our tracks, literally, I’ve found joy in the simpler things.
One of the unexpected pleasures of 2020 has been the amount of time we spend outside. I can’t recall any other time in my life where, no matter the weather forecast, we spend much of the day playing in our own backyard. I find myself craving the fresh air every day now.
Because we are outside so much, I’m always looking for new activities for our family and one of the fall activities on my list for this year has been to set up a picnic in our backyard. It’s the perfect way for Rob and I to relax with a glass of wine and some snacks while we watch Lilly delight in chasing Gryff around the yard.
If you are planning a picnic of your own this fall, here are a few things you will need:
- A plaid blanket for sitting.
- A charcuterie board filled with your favorite snacks – I’m trying to eat clean, so ours consisted of nitrate free salami, green apples, and raw almonds. (Rob likes to include cheese and crackers for himself).
- A scarf or cozy sweater if there is a chill in the air.
- A nice selection of wine. I tend to choose dry reds this time of year (Pinot Noir is my all time favorite). And bonus: I have a discount code for you guys to use at Winc! Winc is a monthly wine club that delivers wine right to your doorstep! Upon sign-up, you take a very short quiz to determine your tastes and Winc will select and curate wines specifically for you. You can choose dry, sweet, red, white, low sugar, low sulfur – the options are endless. By clicking here, you can get a $22 discount plus complimentary shipping which comes out to 4 bottles of wine for $39! And personally, I have not had a wine I didn’t like from Winc – everything they recommend for me is so good!
- A couple of pumpkins for those photo ops.
- Great company – I choose my hubby, my baby girl, and my furry pup.
That’s all you need! I hope you guys create a fall picnic of your own! Don’t forget to check out the Winc Wine Club – you won’t regret it!