As much as I’m sad to say goodbye to summer, I think I’m ready to embrace fall. I’m excited for bright colors, leaves changing, crisp fall air, pumpkin lattes, booties, scarves, and plaid [And FOOTBALL]. What I’m most excited for though are all the new fashion and home décor details trending for fall. Below I’ve rounded up my favorite home décor trends for this fall.
- Deep Rich Colors – Hello color! The white and gray color scheme for interiors is on its way out and decorators and interior designers are embracing color. Dark colors like forest green, plum purple, navy, black, and chocolate brown are making a dramatic entrance. I’m not a fan of the black and brown, but I will enjoy me some navy (hello new dining room!). Don’t be afraid to use color – it tells a story of who you are and defines the mood of your home. [Now I have to keep track of the Houses mood too!? The things they don’t tell you about marriage.]
- Interesting Bedding – The past couple of years has seen a trend with white, fluffy bedding. This fall, designers are loving bedding with fun patterns, funky monograms, bright colors, and texture. We may be transitioning into a King size bed this fall [Oh that’s happening] so you better believe I’ll be on the lookout for some fun new bedding (probably similar to what we have now, which is a navy blue and white diamond pattern).
- Faux Finishes – If you are like us, much of our decorating is done on a budget. The faux finish trend is the perfect way to get what you want for cheap. Removable wallpaper, decals, stick on tiles, faux wood floors, and faux florals are all the rage this season. I’m thinking we add in some stick on subway tile to the kitchen…[I love how I learn about this from a blog]
- Mix and Match Furniture Sets – This trend is probably my favorite. I like my furniture to be cohesive but not necessarily match. This will be perfect for us moving forward since so many of our furniture pieces are hand me downs. I’m going to have fun updating them in a funky, unique way.
- Blush – I’m so happy the color blush is a major trend for this fall. Blush and gray were our wedding colors so I’ll always have a special place for them. Blush is such a sophisticated, pretty color that can be used as a neutral or a pop of color. You can use this color in a variety ways – painted cabinets, pillows, planters, glassware, blankets, etc.
If you want to see more of the trends for this fall, head over to Country Living Magazine, Pinterest, HGTV, Domino, or Apartment Therapy!
As always, thanks for stopping by and hearing about our adventures!
Shannon [and Rob]