It’s been awhile since I shared a Solty Fridays post, but here we are. Life has felt like it’s been on turbo speed lately with Rob back to work after paternity leave and the kiddos and I adjusting to a daily routine. My last maternity leave consisted of lots of sleeping and watching Friends. This time around I’m still watching my fair share of Netflix, but there is a lot less resting and sleep and a lot more on the go activities in order to keep Lilly busy.
Because I’m awake a lot in the middle of the night doing feedings, my brain seems to be producing a lot of creative content (yay!) so I have a list of blog posts and new series I’m hoping to launch this fall and into the new year. For now though, we will begin with sharing some everyday things for Solty Fridays!
- In case you missed it on Instagram, I wrote a guest blog post for Nautical Boards a few weeks ago. I talk about my thoughts on the brand, the serving trays, and how I style mine. You can read that article here.
- TV Shows and Movies I recommend watching:
- Outer Banks on Netflix: I binged both seasons of Outer Banks in a week and a half! I totally loved the teen drama with all the added suspense of a treasure hunt.
- Virgin River on Netflix: I also watched all three seasons of Virgin River and highly recommend it. It’s sort of a cross between Gilmore Girls and Everwood.
- Friday Night Lights on Netflix: I’m re-watching Friday Night Lights right now and it gets better and better every time I watch it.
- Cruella on Disney+: We have watched exactly one movie since Teddy was born and that’s Cruella – it’s SO GOOD. The costumes and acting are just phenomenal. And the story is so interesting, because how do you humanize one of the greatest villains in Disney history?!
- Ted Lasso on Apple TV: And lastly, everyone needs to get Apple TV stat and watch Ted Lasso. I think it’s one of the best TV series I’ve ever seen. If you love soccer, England, and wit, then you will love this show.
- Fall decorating begins this weekend! Every year I add a few pumpkins to my decor and this year I found these $5 coastal inspired ones from Target. Target always has the best selection of fake pumpkins. I have found a lot of my blue and white ones by shopping the $5 bins.
- As much as it pains me to say this, I’m starting to think about Christmas shopping. With the COVID shortages I’m hoping to get my shopping done early. I also need to order Teddy a stocking! We all have personalized needlepoint stockings from L.L.Bean so I’m excited to pick one out for him. Currently looking at this design (snowman with puppies) for him!
- I’ll be sharing more about this brand next week, but Lilly and I are loving our monogrammed bow baseball hats from Bits and Bows, a preppy lifestyle brand founded by two sisters looking to offer a casual product that is both elegant and feminine. Be sure to check them out and come back next week for more on this favorite brand!
One more thing before I sign off, I’m running a giveaway with a few friends on my Instagram this weekend! Follow us and you could win $100 to H&M! (Enter here!)