If you’ve been following along for a while, you may have remembered our laundry list of home renovation projects for 2020. We made a pretty big dent in that list over the summer and through the fall. Unfortunately, we did not complete all of the projects on our list so some have transferred over to our projects for 2021, making it a very ambitious list.
But as any homeowner knows, owning a house means there is a never ending list of projects and renovations that must be done. Luckily the 2021 list is a bit more glamorous than last year’s list (no more chimney, dry wall, or roof repairs!). We are aware this is quite the list, but we are going to take each project one at a time and see how it goes!
House Projects 2021
- Paint the exterior of the house (I think I’m still leaning towards navy)
- Install a new front door (If we go navy for the exterior, I’m thinking white, natural wood or light pink for the door)
- Install light fixtures and ceiling fans in the upstairs bedrooms
- Install new carpet on the stairs and second floor
- Transition Lilly from her nursery to a big girl room (I have very mixed feelings about this!)
- Organize and tidy up the laundry room and basement
- Landscape around the exterior of the house
- Plant a flower garden (I’m MOST excited for this project!)
I’m sure this list will change and evolve as the year progresses, but it feels good to have some ideas and goals written down on paper. I’ll share the progress of all of these projects on my Instagram, so be sure to follow along!