If you all are like me, I’m sure you are feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and even afraid during these uncertain times. A germaphobe on my best day, I’m really having to seek out the little things that bring me joy to help me feel centered and grounded.
Staying connected to people always helps me to center myself. I’ve never felt more love and support from my IG community and for that I am truly thankful. When my friend Sarah from Cozy Little Joys reached out and asked if I wanted to do a collaborative post with her about seeking joy, I knew this would be the perfect opportunity to help others in the midst of chaos.
Below are some ways of how I am seeking out the joy and establishing some sense of normalcy to our everyday lives.
- Take a walk. For me being near the water grounds me, so there will be many family walks down by the river and lake in my near future.
- Learn a new hobby. I’ve wanted to learn how to use the manual mode on my DSLR camera. What a perfect time to teach myself a new skill and capture precious moments in the process.
- Practice yoga or meditation every morning and as needed. L loves to do yoga poses with me so might as well make it a family activity.
- Catch up shows or movies you’ve been wanting to watch (hello Newsies, Sound of Music, and everything on Disney Plus).
- Turn on your favorite music and have a dance party.
If there is time to learn how to disconnect from all the noise, now is that time. We must take care of ourselves, mentally, emotionally, and physically, in order to get through these very trying times. We also must take care of those around us too. Be kind. Be flexible. Be loving. Have faith. Hug your family tight and let’s all hope for the best.
For more ways on finding the joy in the everyday, head over to Sarah’s page, Cozy Little Joys!